Karol Kwiatkowski wrote:

Howard Goldstein wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Howard Goldstein wrote:

Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
I guess I would have to update all gnome packages from 2.16 to 2.18
to see if it helps... but since Howard Goldstein rebuild all his
ports, he can probably confirm that this happens with the current
ports.
Unfortunately it does still happen for me. For those ports I'm at
these versions:

gnome-vfs-2.18.1_1  GNOME Virtual File System
libgnome-2.18.0_1   Libraries for GNOME, a GNU desktop environment
If you don't mind me asking, what are the file types, and about how
large are these files?
An appx 1K rc file (.nvidia-settings-rc), in another case a one page 29K
.pdf

Could everyone affected by this issue document a few more steps of
what they do to cause Thunderbird to coredump, please?
1. start thunderbird
2. ^M or click on the write message label
3. attach any file
4. send an email to self, garbage or empty message, take the default
subject or change it to garbage.
5. ^M to compose another message
6. at any point from this point on , attaching a file will coredump

If this helps I don't see the problem here (thunderbird-2.0.0.0, all
ports up to date). Details below.

Do you by chance have openldap23-client installed? Yesterday I promised to rebuild with the default make.conf CFLAGS but in the interim gnome2 was installed which comes with openldap23-client apparently, and now the mere presence of openldap is forcing a fatal build error

[blahh blah blah]

gmake[5]: Entering directory `/usr/ports/mail/thunderbird/work/mozilla/directory/c-sdk/ldap/libraries/liblber' cc -o decode.o -c -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/nss -I/usr/local/include/nss/nss -pipe -I/usr/local/include -g -pipe -ansi -Wall -pthread -O -g -fPIC -DDEBUG_root -DMOZILLA_CLIENT=1 -DDEBUG=1 -DXP_UNIX=1 -DFREEBSD=1 -DHAVE_BSD_FLOCK=1 -DHAVE_LCHOWN=1 -DHAVE_STRERROR=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE=1 -DFORCE_PR_LOG -D_PR_PTHREADS -UHAVE_CVAR_BUILT_ON_SEM -DUSE_WAITPID -DNEEDPROTOS -DNET_SSL -DNO_LIBLCACHE -DLDAP_REFERRALS -DNS_DOMESTIC -I../../../ldap/include -I/usr/ports/mail/thunderbird/work/mozilla/dist/./include decode.c
In file included from decode.c:52:
lber-int.h:121: error: syntax error before "LDAP_CALLBACK"
lber-int.h:130: error: redefinition of typedef 'Seqorset'
/usr/local/include/lber.h:164: error: previous declaration of 'Seqorset' was here
lber-int.h:149: error: syntax error before "ldap_x_iovec"
lber-int.h:165: error: syntax error before "BERTranslateProc"
lber-int.h:187: error: syntax error before "LDAP_IOF_READ_CALLBACK"
lber-int.h:198: error: syntax error before "LDAP_X_EXTIOF_READ_CALLBACK

-I /usr/local/include is what's doing it, it continues the build when manually stripping /usr/local/include from this directory's build options but it breaks later on as well.

A very few google hits on this error, none of which lead to fix or workaround.