If memory serves me right, "Igor B. Bykhalo" wrote:

[kern.flp overflow again]

> I don't get it:

[snip]

> > goshik# ls -l *kern*
> > image.kern:
> > total 1346
> > drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel      512 22 ÑÎ× 21:19 boot
> > -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1344894 22 ÑÎ× 21:19 kernel.gz
> >
> > kernels:
> > total 2864
> > -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  2909648 22 ÑÎ× 21:19 BOOTMFS.kern
>
> Looks like kernel.gz fits to floppy, but for some reason it doesn't...
> Should i supply more info?

Well, kernel.gz will probably fit, but the release needs the entire
contents of the image.kern directory to fit on kern.flp.  See:

freebsd-stable:stage% du image.kern
88      image.kern/boot
1434    image.kern

This doesn't fit.  :-(  By my calculation, we have to get rid of about
27K to make it fit, but I could be off.

We might be able to move the de, em, or vx drivers to the mfsroot
floppy, if there's space.  I'll try playing around with this, if I get
some time.  (Obviously that shouldn't preclude someone else from
working on this problem.)

Bruce.