Andy Greenwood wrote:
Sent this a while back and never got a response. Any ideas would be
very appreciated!

Because it's too long, I don't know what you're asking and it's also perl/php, not FreeBSD.

I'm working on getting a script to work (see below). It is a perl
daemon associated with a bittorent client that I am helping develop.
The daemon uses unix domain sockets to commincate with the php pages.
However, anytime a message is sent via php, the script dies with

send: Cannot determine peer address at
/usr/local/www/root/tf-b4rt/trunk/html/bin/fluxd/fluxd.pl line 1256

I did some research and found a similar problem with OpenBSD's perl
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2007/02/msg121151.html

Yes, but aren't you having a problem with php ?

*SNIP*
 the bug report above
suggests that this was a problem for OpenBSD due to differences in
struct sockaddr_un. Could that be a problem here as well?

try : EFNet #perlhep or freenode #perl or #perlhelp Unfortunately I can't find a decent perl mailing list for you. Also look on line 1256.

But If you're really asking a php question try #php in either location. Might I suggest rewriting it in perl instead ?

*SNIP END*