Guys,

        This is on my Ubuntu server, but ought o work here also.  I
        just installed the Lesstif package, typed

        make -f Makefile.man,

        and everything buuilt.   It pops up a black suare/widget/window
        with various things to tweak and a minutes later MIDI was
        playing.   Nthing like "outstanding", but it's still pretty
        interesting, IM (H/NSH:) Opinion.   Stay tuned....

        gary

        PS:  May be best to reply privately to save the bandwidth; not
             everybody thinks this is k00l :)