[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,
I have a desktop Compaq computer running the latest stable version of FreeBSD. I want to install a DVD writer to use for backups (either internal or USB). Can someone recommend the easiest method to do this by? Is there a list of supported DVD writers for the latest stable version of FreeBSD? I don't want to spend a lot of time configuring it. I just want to install something I know will work, with minimal need for configuration. Also, will I need special software to do the actual writing? If so, what free software works well and is easy to use? Suggestions? Success stories?
Thanks,
Dave
P.S. Please include this email address in the reply: [EMAIL PROTECTED], otherwise I won't see your response.

I only think that you'd have problems with older drives or bleeding edge drives though.

Look for drives that are compatible with Mac if possible. If so, you're golden.

/me loves his Samsung drive, which happily burns CDs in FreeBSD and Linux with little issue (only stupid linux permissions problems from time to time, but that's PoS udev for you >:(..).

-Garrett