Hi,

>Investigate the Apache server-status handler (assuming its still there in >2.2). If you also enable the ExtendedStatus output from server- status,

I just enabled it like that, as well as the server-info handler. This is indeed what I was looking for, and it directly identified the culprit, being one of the (PHP) scripts I use on one of my photography sites. I don't know exactly what is going on yet (i.e. when I call the script, on some of the pictures it works fine, and on some others it seems to be blocking forever, and doesn't seem to serve anything, but rather it seems to get stuck)...
I suspect the picture resizing code may be at fault...

O.k., I'll check this out, and will let you guys know how I get along with it, and if indeed the script is at fault, or whether it is due to some PHP/Apache issue.

Cheers!
Olafo