On 5/6/07, Jan Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

after system and ports upgrade I have problems with fonts in some apps -
firefox, thunderbird, gthumb, liferea and so on. It is probably related to
the underlying toolkit - gtk2?
The problem is that sometimes (not regularly) the app system fonts are not
that expected ones but they are proportional and blurred - almost
unreadable. Usually it helps to restart the app, sometimes more than once. I
was searching the Internet, experimenting with xorg.conf and installed
fonts, font cache etc. but got no results. With my previous installation I
have had similar problems but really seldom not on regular basis as now.

Have you used the handbook section regarding
fonts<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-fonts.html>,
especially the part regarding editing /usr/X11R6/etc/fonts/local.conf? For
the most part it works. If you have, could you post a (small) screenshot
with an example?

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds