On May 8, 2007, at 5:51 AM, Olaf Greve wrote:
[ ... ]
-Can anyone recommend me proper anti spam authorities to whom I can report the IP addresses that caused the issues on my machine?

Try doing a WHOIS lookup on the IP address, and send a report containing sample httpd-access log lines or the message-board spam to the abuse contacts, if listed. In some cases, WHOIS does not return useful info-- in which case, doing a traceroute and noting the ISP used for the last few hops will probably do.

-At present, in Apache I have added:
<Location ~ "store_comments_script.php">
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Location>
Can anyone tell me of a good way to only ever allow calls to this script coming from the proper previous script, or should this be handled from PHP itself? Perhaps this question isn't very clear, but what I'm looking for is a way to block any and all direct calls to this script, that originate from anywhere but from the photography site itself.

Add something like "Allow from localhost" to the Location block quoted above?

--
-Chuck