ls /dev/da0s1
/dev/da0s1

On 5/14/07, Mikhail Goriachev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Oscar Chavarria wrote:
> fsck /dev/da0s1 /home
> fsck: could not determine filesystem type.
>
> Go figure. Might the hdd be damaged? I guess not since boot recognized
> it, right?

Please don't top-post and keep the conversation on the list.

It seems like you've tried to fsck only the slice (da0s1). You have to
fsck the partition itself:

# fsck /dev/da0s1d

The last letter should be the one you assigned when you labeled that
drive.

Show us the output of:

# ls /dev/da0*

Regards,
Mikhail.

--
Mikhail Goriachev
Webanoide

Telephone: +61 (0)3 62252501
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)4 38255158
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.webanoide.org

--
Regards

Oscar Chavarria
Mobile:          +506 814-0247

*** The more I know people the more I love my FreeBSD ***

--- In a world without boundaries, we don't need Windows or Gates ---