On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 02:49:59PM -0400, Daniel Molina Wegener wrote:

> El Mar, 15 de Mayo de 2007, 14:15, Ross Penner escribió:
> > I recently had my system freeze so I had to manually restart it. I was
> > worried that there would be some problems with the filesystem so I
> > looked into the matter and discovered the utility fsck. I ran this as
> > root and I got the following:

        [[ ...  ]]

> > ** Phase 5 - Check Cyl groups
> > FREE BLK COUNT(S) WRONG IN SUPERBLK
> > SALVAGE? no
> >
> > SUMMARY INFORMATION BAD
> > SALVAGE? no
> >
> > 18514 files, 70825 used, 905728 free (6688 frags, 112380 blocks, 0.7%
> > fragmentation)
> >

> > It seems to my unexperienced eye that their are problems in some of
> > the filesystems, but they arn't being resolved. I tried running fsck
> > -y  and nothing changed. What am I doing wrong? How can I resolve
> > these issues? Thanks for any help you can offer.
> > [SNIP]

        I ran in to similar snafus with mmy DNS server, very recently.
        I booted into single-user ("press 4") and got rid of tons of junk
        left in /var/tmp.  Then I did a mount -a and and fsck -y.

        If fsck were any more useful, it would be able to cure death!
        ..Or at least hangovers:-)

        goood luck,

        gary