Pieter de Goeje wrote:
On Tuesday 15 May 2007, Sam Lawrance wrote:
On 14/05/2007, at 10:41 AM, Pieter de Goeje wrote:
On Sunday 13 May 2007, David Landgren wrote:
Sam Lawrance wrote:
On 13/05/2007, at 6:15 PM, Matthew Seaman wrote:

[...]

the drive, and likely to remain that way until the disk dies of
mechanical failure. I just don't need that prompt, especially the
annoying beep it makes.
The beep was removed since May 2006 (6.2-RELEASE, 6-STABLE, HEAD).
A simple
#boot0cfg -B /dev/adX
should get rid of it.
I thought I remembered that!  Wasn't it removed to reclaim a couple
extra bytes? :-)
Quote from the commit log:
"Restore the pre-5.x behavior of only beeping if the user makes a bad
selection and not always beeping on startup.  The two bytes for the extra
'jmp' instruction were obtained by removing recognition of BSD/OS
partitions."

Cheers,
Pieter de Goeje

Heh,

ok, for extra bonus points, what/where is the code that makes the two annoying BEEPs on shutdown? If I could compile that out, my life would be complete :)

Thanks,
David