Christian Walther wrote:

I guess if everyone here on this list gives his/her two cents to this
topic we're having a nice java advocacy flame war. ;-)

Well, yes. That's why I didn't answer any more. We are talking opinions and everyone has his own. And we are going OT.

So if one wants to write a piece of software in a certain programming
language: why not? Maybe there really is a user base for such an
application.
Personally I never would install such a software title.

I think you couldn't have stated this better :-)

 bye
        av.