the poster util is what you want

/usr/ports/print/poster

POSTER(1)

NAME
       poster - Scale and tile a postscript image to print on multiple
pages

SYNOPSIS
       poster <options> infile

DESCRIPTION
       Poster  can be used to create a large poster by building it from
multi-
       ple pages and/or printing it on large media.  It  expects  as
input  a
       generic  (encapsulated)  postscript file, normally printing on a
single
       page.  The output is again a postscript file, maybe containing
multiple
       pages together building the poster.  The output pages bear
cutmarks and
       have slightly overlapping images for easier assembling.  The
input pic-
       ture will be scaled to obtain the desired size.

cheers
mjt

The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.