O/H Simon Barner έγραψε:
Hello Gerard,

I had to slightly modify it to work the way I wanted on my system. I
would suggest that you do that 'AFTER' you have gotten it to relatively
the way you want it to.

Are these changes useful for other users, too? If so, please send me
a diff, so I can modify the port.

This is a little guide to setting up fetchmail 6.3.8

   cd /usr/ports/mail/fetchmail
   make install clean

   echo 'fetchmail_enable="YES"'>>/etc/rc.conf
   echo 'fetchmail_polling_interval="60"'>>/etc/rc.conf

The above two are mentioned in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/fetchmail

   ee /usr/local/etc/fetchmailrc (initially it is nearly empty)

set invisible
set no bouncemail
set no spambounce
set postmaster [EMAIL PROTECTED]
set syslog
poll pop.mail.yahoo.com
       timeout 40
       proto pop3
       user "username"
       pass "password"
       is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       fastuidl 1
       fetchlimit 0
       limit 0
       keep
       forcecr

The above options are for a client who wishes to keep messages stored in remote POP3 mailboxes. *man fetchmail* for specifics, especially at the end where it gives a nice table of availiable commands and fetchmailrc options. The MTA handling the local domain is qmail, hence the required "forcecr" option. The timings (60sec per POP3 access) may seem agressive but I contacted the ISP and they have no problem with that and the client is happy to have nearly "email-chat" sessions. Users or abusers, as long as they pay the bucks....

   chmod 0700 /usr/local/etc/fetchmailrc
chown fetchmail:fetchmail /usr/local/etc/fetchmailrc (the permissions are already set anyway)
   /usr/local/etc/rc.d/fetchmail start

Also there is a new option I haven't seen before. Suppose that fetchmail is sleeping and you want to wake it up *right now* to receive new messages: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/fetchmail awaken

Watch /var/log/maillog for fetchmail activity.

--
RTFM and STFW before anything bad happens