On 08/06/07, Bernt Hansson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> Bernt Hansson wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I've upgraded Xorg to 7.2 on a 6.2-stable machine according to UPDATING.
>>
>> If I'am trying startx as a normal user I get this error
>>

>> AUDIT: <date ¥ time> : pid X: client 1 rejected from local host (uid 1001)
>>
>> Xlib: Connection to "0:0" refused by server
>> Xlib: No protocol specified
>>
>> Starting from root no problem.
>>
>> As a normal user /usr/local/bin/startxfce4 starts fine.
>>
>> I'm guessing it's a permissions problem, is it?
>
> I suggest you check all the pathnames in your xorg.conf, I had a similar
> problem and adjusting paths solved them.

What paths did you have in mind? I regenerated the xorg.conf file after
upgrading.

It's some sort of permission problem. I guess that it's related to
xauth. I had similar problem like you describe, but they don't appear
when a display manager is running (which is my default configuration).
So I didn't analyse this deeper.
If I remember correctly there are some xauth-related dirs and files,
either in ~/ or im /tmp (probably both). Maybe you've to remove them.
But this is just a wild guess, to be honest. But it definetely hasn't
anything to do with xorg.conf.