On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 12:04:38PM +0100, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:
> Josh Tolbert wrote:
>
> >(15:38:21 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~>) $ pkg_info | grep bison
> >bison-1.75_2,1      A parser generator from FSF, (mostly) compatible with
> >Yacc
> >(15:38:30 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~>) $ sudo portupgrade -o devel/bison2 bison
> >(15:38:34 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~>) $ sudo portupgrade -fo devel/bison2 bison
> >--->  Reinstalling 'bison-1.75_2,1' (devel/bison)
> >

> Have you tried "sudo portupgrade -f -o devel/bison2 bison" in case it's
> some bug in parsing merged options?  Worth a PR in any case...
>
> Failing that you could just pkg_delete bison and install bison2 afresh.
> You shouldn't have to but...
>
> --Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes, I did exactly that. Take a look at the example above. :)

Anyway, a PR has been filed and the response is, "it's a feature." I'm not
sure how it's a feature, but it is. The example I was given looks like this:

$ pkg_version -t 2.3_1 1.75_2,1
<

I'm guessing it's just doing some odd string comparison instead of breaking
the version number apart and handling it with weight on the major version
number, etc.

Ironically, portupgrade still does things right. portupgrade-devel is the
port I'm having problems with.

Thanks,

Josh
--
Josh Tolbert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ||  http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor
do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger
is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either
a daring adventure, or nothing.
    -- Helen Keller