cadastrosonline cadastrosonline wrote:
First of all,

"Each process has its own private address space. The address space is initially
divided
into three logical segments: text,
data, and stack. "

But if the address is just something like 343556 then how does it
really work? The memory is divided into segments is that what it means?

"The data segment contains the initialized and uninitialized data portions of a
program"

Is it talking about multithreading? I COULDNT FIND anything talking
about how freebsd deals with multithreading, just found out it does it
by man pthread.

Tell me anything else interesting to know about memory mannagment, does
it use any algorithm to substitute a page when out of pages in memory?
such as "second chance" "fifo" "lru" (last recently used) "nfu" (not
frequently used) and so on? I am studying freebsd but sometimes I am
out of ways to find out, yes I am reading the handbook about memory
mannagment as you can see my quotes but sometimes I don't understand.

Thanks in advance.
This question is better suited for the hackers@ list, and before doing that I suggest buying/checking out a copy of the book The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System.

Many of your questions can be possibly answered better by taking a computer architecture and/or operating systems course, as many of the questions and ideas you have most likely apply to real-time operating systems, including Linux, OSX, Solaris and even (gasp) Windows, not just FreeBSD.

   Some of my 2 cents:

Threading is known as LWP (Light-weight processes). Some differences are present, but the basic semantics of what one deems as non-threaded programs (processes), also applies to threads. Sharing, scheduling, and overall applied load are the overall big differences present in a threaded system, when compared to a procedural only system.

Cheers and happy learning,
-Garrett