Ofloo wrote:
I did the same thing a long time ago and i just created used pwd_mkdb, and it
worked fine.

Though i'm not entirely sure what this has to do with this topic.

Mark Messier wrote:
I know this has been covered before, but the search mechanism
at the mailing list archive doesn't seem to work (zero matches for
the word: password).

I've got a 5.3 system and a 6.2 system.  I want to migrate the user
accounts from the 5.3 to the 6.2.  They use different encryption
mechanisms for the password in master.password.

Other that running a cracker, is there a way to upconvert the
old to the new?

Thanks,
-mark
Simply running mergemaster (part of the recommended upgrade errata) should do the trick, as it will prompt you to execute some commands to 'upgrade' the password database and other relevant databases.
-Garrett