El Vie, 15 de Junio de 2007, 11:35, Andrew Falanga escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Ok, last night I sit down to continue installing software on that web
> server I mentioned a couple of days ago.  By the way, the culprit was
> definitely heat.  Last night, I successfully recompiled the GENERIC
> kernel for 6.2p5 without a hitch, and the day before I successfully
> completed the "buildworld".  Continuing on, after getting the system
> caught up, I updated my ports tree using csup and proceeded to
> portupgrade all installed ports (only about 5 at this time).  However,
> X.org is among them.
>
> So, the portupgrade program is doing its thing I figure since it took
> a little over an hour to compile all of X before, I was going to do
> other things and so left the box to its own devices.  I come back a
> little later to find that I've got to update X.org according
> /usr/ports/UPDATING.  I open this file and read up on what it says.
> In there it says I need to run a script called "xorg-upgrade" however,
> this script does not exist on this box.  I just finished a search on
> www.x.org for "xorg-upgrade" with no results.  So, where am I supposed
> to get this script?  The UPDATING file doesn't mention that.

  You must set the XORG_UPGRADE environment variable to YES, and the script
is made through the command line in the UPGRADE file using the script(1)
utility.

  If you want a 100% secure X.Org upgrading, try 'portupgrade -vfarR', but
this recompiles all your installed ports... use -P instead of -f if you want
to install binary packages.

> Andy
> [SNIP]

Regards,
--
 .O. | Daniel Molina Wegener   | C/C++ Developer
 ..O | dmw [at] unete [dot] cl | FOSS Coding Adict