On Jun 15, 2007, at 8:54 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I did an upgrade via Boot CD, from FBSD 5.4 to 6.1 that finished without errors. But after the reboot, I discovered that the disk partition has gone. The original disk had two partitions, one DOS (20GB) and the other FBSD (60 GB), selectable via FBSD boot manager. Since I don't have a backup of the original disk labels, how can I recover my partitions?

You can try to use the fdisk program via the sysinstall program from your boot CD (ie Configure->Fdisk) and recreate your partitions, assuming you can remember or get lucky recreating the exact parameters. There's also:

/usr/ports/sysutils/testdisk

Tool to check and undelete partition
Works with the following partitions:
- FAT12 FAT16 FAT32
- Linux EXT2/EXT3
- Linux SWAP (version 1 and 2)
- NTFS (Windows NT/W2K/XP)
- BeFS (BeOS)
- UFS (BSD)
- Netware
- ReiserFS

TestDisk is under GNU Public License.
You can compile it under Dos with DJGPP or under Linux or BSD with gcc.

WWW: http://www.cgsecurity.org/

- Florent Thoumie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--