On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:02:58 -0500 (CDT)
Eduardo Viruena Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> (of course, I have the FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE discs but they are
> outdated, the dependences are completely different from the ones used
> in 6.2-STABLE)

I'd say you misunderstood the relationship here: please note that
FreeBSD releases as such have not very much to do with the up-to-date
state of third party software and dependencies in the ports tree. You
can have up-to-date ports tree and installed applications on the latest
release of both CURRENT and STABLE branches (that includes the CD you
have -- you would just pick up the latest ports tree instead of one
shipped on CD).

You can read:

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ports&sektion=7
  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html