On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:42:11 -0600
"Andrew Falanga" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed apache 22 on my churches web server and am having some
> difficulty getting it working.  I've figured out that I need something
> call accept filters accept_filter(9) for this as the server was
> complaining about a missing file named "httpready" (or something like
> this).  I found from the Apache site linked in the handbook that I
> need to have a kernel module named accf_http loaded, which I have
> done.  This has actually eliminated that error.

accf_http is not compulsory for apache to work.

> However, the server still isn't working as a "lynx localhost" is
> denied and sockstat doesn't show any listening sockets on port 80.
> What else needs to be done to get apache 22 working?

did you add  the enabling line in /etc/rc.conf? For version 2.2 it should be

apache22_enable="YES"

( you actually need to check the startup script at /usr/local/etc/rc.d/, in
this case /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 to see what _enable line is needed )

then you start the webserver with

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 start

( or 'forcestart' instead of start if you don't have the _enable line in
rc.conf)

Also, make sure you have no firewall in place stopping the traffic.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Q. How do you make God laugh?
A. Tell him your plans.

Warned.