Hi all,

I have a server in a host service that stopped this morning. After a contact with the service support of them, I got the following answer to the problem:

[quote]
REBOOT SERVER

Due to a failed switch replacement FreeBSD did not restore the network link. This is a farly common issue with FreeBSD.

I restarted the server and it should be back online shortly.
[end quote]

        It's a P4-3GHz, with the following, probably on-board, ether card:
vr0: <VIA VT6102 Rhine II 10/100BaseTX> port 0xcc00-0xccff mem 0xfdffe000-0xfdffe0ff irq 23 at device 18.0 on pci0

Is this a really known problem? Is there anything I can do to avoid reboot?
        I have some (local) servers with FBSD and never had such problem.

- Marcelo