I running postfix from ports. I would like to block as much spam as possible during the SMTP session. Currently I am make liberal use of RBLs (direct in postfix configuration) and also using SPF using the spfpolicy daemon.

I would like to add spam assassin to the list (and possibly clamav).

Most of what I see about integrating spam assassin with postfix requires that the mail be accepted for queueing before spam checks are run. I would prefer to reject the mail after DATA during the SMTP dialogue.

I see that postfix now does sendmail style milters. Is that the recommended way to go with this? I see that there is a mail/spamass- milter port. I anyone using that with postfix 2.4.3?

Thanks.

-j