Ian Lord wrote:
Hi,

A Zend technician asked me to have a root access on one of my box to
troubleshoot something wrong in Zend Platform installation that doesn't work
on Freebsd.

He will need root access naturally to install and debug remotely.

Is there a way to log all the commands he will type and send them in a
logfile ?

Or is there a better solution than granting him root access from ssh ?

Thanks

You could use sudo. Setup an account for him and give him sudo rights so that each time he would need root access to something he could use the command:

$>sudo <command>

You could even go so far as to limit what he can use sudo on.

$>man sudo

Giving him full root access is probably not a good idea.

-Tom