Maxim Khitrov wrote:
On 7/26/07, Eric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Do you simply use 'portmaster -a' to update everything? I've tried
using it a few times, but it never recompiled ports that depend on the
one being updated. I recall there was an option to do that, but you
had to specify each port manually for that to work. How do you get it
to update all out-of-date ports and recompile everything depending on
those ports?

i usually just issue the -a switch. No issues yet in over a year of doing it that way. Why recompile everything that depends on a port unless you have to? things like this are usually in UPDATING, so i do it when i need to, not every time.