At 09:16 AM 07/26/2007, Heiko Wundram (Beenic) wrote:
Am Donnerstag 26 Juli 2007 15:54:36 schrieb J.D. Bronson:
> internal compiler error: Segmentation fault: 11
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

Most probably a (physical) memory error.

As the message says, this has pretty much nothing to do with the upping of
world, but is an "internal" compiler error, which I've only seen on
development snapshots of gcc (improbable that these are distributed with
STABLE), or flaky memory (which is much more likely the cause).

--

thanks - ironically I have never had ANY issue building world on this machine until today. I have deleted /usr/src and re cvs'd from a diff mirror as a test.

-JD