Andrew Greenwood wrote:
Jonathan Horne wrote:
On Thursday 02 August 2007 13:13:46 Subhro wrote:
Hello Folks,

Recently I got a HP nc6400 notebook for myself and decided to install
FreeBSD on this. My system boots up fine but I am repeatedly getting
Errors from ACPI. I am repeatedly getting

acpi_tz0: _CRT value is absurd, ignored (256C)

How can I solve this problem?

I had a similar problem on an HP Pavilion (don't remember the exact model) and I could only get the messages to stop by entering

hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate=0

in /etc/sysctl.conf. I'm sure this isn't the "right" way to do it, but it worked at least.
Thanks
Subhro

subhru,

how is the rest of the install working? we have a lot of 6400s here at my office, and when i tried to install the xorg7.2 ports, i couldnt get xorg to start, and i was wondering how it was going for you.

I have an HP Pavilion (whose model I don't remember either; it's not printed anywhere on the computer), and I keep getting variuos messages from TZ, but when trying to set that variable, I get

sysctl: unknown oid 'hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate'.

I'm running 6.2-RELEASE-p6. Did I miss something, or is that variable introduced in 6-STABLE after 6.2-RELEASE?

--

Vänligen / Sincerly,
Rolf Nielsen