Hello Laszlo,

you don't need static IP address if you use hamachi. It is zero configuration VPN tool, which creates peer-to-peer tunnel between two host (with static or dynamic addresses). The problem is, that hamachi isn't in the ports yet. Take a look at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=112982 and https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp

peter

Laszlo Nagy wrote:

You need to create a VPN connection between your two offices. You can do this in a variety of ways, but probably the best solution would be to have static IP's for both offices and a router that has hardware support for VPNs at each office. You can connect the two offices via a VPN connection from router to router.
Well, we do not have static IP addresses, and the routers does not support VPN. Also I do not like the idea of VPN because I feel that would forward more packets than needed. I may be wrong. :-)

Although we do not have static IP, we have DDNS. Is it possible to do VPN from one FreeBSD box to another and then.... what? Mount nfs? Mount smb? I can mount a remote smb volume then share it with another smb server, but it looks wreid to me and I'm also concerned about speed. I believe smb is not optimized for speed. If I have to use VPN then I would like to use the most traffic-efficient method over VPN. Can you suggest something?

Thanks,

  Laszlo