From: "Bahman M." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: SATA to PCI cards
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:51:52 +0330

> Yes, I've had good luck with the Promise brand PCI-SATA cards on 6.x. We are
> using this method to evolve older machines to SATA.
Thanks for the hint. Would you tell me why did you choose Promise
brand as it's expensive compared to the other brands?

Bahman

I chose Promise because all of their products I've ever bought have worked for me in disk management. It was a roll of the dice as to it would work or not. Plus, it was the only card the vendor had that I have used for years.

Thus, no guarantee for all, but they have worked on sever different motherboards so far and all are running fbsd-6.x (mostly 6.2).

The ones I bought were $72 each and handle 2 satas 150/300.

That's the best I can do to help in your case.

HTH....

Jack