Paul Schmehl wrote:
This is the internet. Spam is endemic. Short of encasing your computer in concrete, there's no way to avoid getting spam **even if you never post to a mailing list**. Either learn to deal with it or stop

Bullshit.  I've kept addresses spam-free for years.  I usually use "disposable" ones for online
purchasing, mailing lists, etc.  What really SUCKS is the time I had to pretty much abandon a
"good" address because I hit "sent" too [EMAIL PROTECTED] soon sending something here --
the ONLY publicly archived list I'm on that DOESN'T obfuscate the sender's address AND allows anyone out
there to post!