It is working now. I have to use wep_key0 and wep_tx_keyidx=0.

Many thanks!

Xihong

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Mel wrote:

On Saturday 01 September 2007 16:47:49 Xihong Yin wrote:
Thanks, I thought it was the problem of the argument. But I still can not
connect to my Access Point using wap_supplicant while I can connect by
'ifconfig'. It always connects to a different network which is in the
previous DHCP leases. But this network is not what I specified in my
/etc/wap_supplicant.conf file.

My /etc/wap_supplicant.conf looks like this:

network={
   ssid="home"
   key_mgmt=NONE
   wep_key1=1234567890
   wep_tx_keyidx=1
}

Unless that's a typo, it would be /etc/wpa_supplicant not wap.
Also make sure you don't specify the 0x in wep_key1. Also try wep_key0 and
wep_tx_keyidx=0. It automagically worked for me on one install.

That said, I don't have much luck with wpa_supplicant either, some cards it
works some cards it doesn't and the output isn't very informative. Recently
`ifconfig ath0 up scan' seems to make all network traffic stop, even if
you're connected through a wire.

--
Mel

People using reply to all on lists, must think I need 2 copies.