I've confirmed (through a friend) in England it's not accessible either.

I'm surprised they wouldn't have redundancies to prevent this from
happening.  Round robin DNS with collocation at least.

for WWW hosting - welcome to me for free :)

anyway - no idea if it's really needed, as it doesn't happed often.

I ran an nmap scan and it appears port 80 is open, but when netcat'ing to it
and manually passing a request, I get no response.

So the servers are up, but something internal broke.