Jay Chandler wrote:
Chris Maness wrote:
I have not seen this error before. What does it mean? (I will change the actual e-mail to protect the address from spam bots).

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Mail Administrator <Postmaster@<PostmasterDomain>>
Subject: Mail System Error - Returned Mail
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:48:17 -0400

Your message was not delivered because the return address was refused.

The return address was "<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"

Please reply to Postmaster@<PostmasterDomain>

Chris Maness
Sys Admin

Looks to me like a failed sender verification callout-- these are generally construed to be abusive. I can't easily tell from your munging whether it's your server or Adelphia that's doing it, though.

This is the only e-mail address that I am having this problem with, and it has been going on for a year or so now. What other info would you guys need to tell what it is. I guess I don't understand the whole "sender verification callout" I'll have to do a little google to find out.

Thanks,
Chris Maness
Sys Admin for a couple of tiny domains.