On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:58:41 +0200 (CEST)
Christian Baer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there again, peeps!
>
> Since I still can't get Pidgin to run on this box and it seems that nobody
> had any advice for me, I have decided to go at this step by step. I hope
> you can bear with me on this one. BTW. The note on the subject, running
> Pidgin under FreeBSD, is there because not all people on this list
> actually don't use FreeBSD for everything. :-)
>
> If there is someone who runs Pidgin under FreeBSD behind a router and is
> willing to help me, would you please do the following:
>
> - run Pidgin from a console or Xterm (XServer must be running) with the -d
>   option.
>
> - Send the result to me. Pidgin does not share any sensitive data in this
>   mode apart from you IPs, which you can change like this: 192.168.x.x. If
>   you do this, make sure that I can still distinguisch the private and
>   public IPs.
>
> - Let me know how you installed Pidgin (from the ports or with pkg_add).
>
> - Tell me what Version of Pidgin this is.
>
> You might find a post from me on this list, where I described what I am
> looking for. Don't worry about that, I just need information because at
> the moment I can't do much more than guess what the Problem is.
>
> To give you a short version...
> I noticed this in my log:
>
> (00:59:33) stun: using server
> (00:59:33) nat-pmp: found a default gateway
> (00:59:33) nat-pmp: Attempting to retrieve the public ip address for the NAT
> device at: 192.168.x.x
> (00:59:33) nat-pmp:     Timeout: 0s 250000us
>
> Now, IFAIK sofar only Apple has a working implentation of nat-pmp. A
> friend of mine runs Pidgin under WinXP behind a similar router as mine,
> has no trouble with that and doesn't get anthing about nat-pmp in his log.
> His Pidgin retrieves the needed Information var UPnP. This is activated on
> my router too (status reports only) but still I think that an IM soft
> should work without.
>
> Never mind about that now. Just send me the info and I'll try to make
> heads or tails of it.
>
> Thanks and regards!
> Chris

Ok, there is my log in attach. No problems coming through gateway
192.168.1.1... I also have:
(19:53:30) nat-pmp: found a default gateway
(19:53:30) nat-pmp: Attempting to retrieve the public ip address for the NAT
device at: 192.168.1.1
(19:53:30) nat-pmp:     Timeout: 0s 250000us
(19:53:30) nat-pmp: Response was not received from our gateway! Instead from:
216.230.191.191

All pidgin feautures (file recieving works well).