Hi everyone,
I have a load of .pict files which I can't seem to be able to open with
anything under FBSD. I just want to convert them into something more useful
(jpg / tiff / svg).

ImageMagick doesn't understand it, so i think this is the Packbits compressed
.PICT filetype. neither Gimp or XV like them either.

file doesn't identify the files either.

Alternatively, any tool I can script under OSX to conver them to something
useful? (FYI, 'Preview' under Tiger doens't recognise them either, but I can
drag them just fine into an Omnigraffle Pro diagram).

One of these files is at http://www.meijome.net/files/freebsd/image64.pict

thanks,
Beto
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Intellectual: 'Someone who has been educated beyond his/her intelligence'"
   Arthur C. Clarke, from "3001, The Final Odyssey", Sources.

Warned.