Hello.

Well, I have a bunch of TYAN S2925B based boxes, all without floppy drives. For BIOS flash preparation I need an installation media and due to the fact I do not have a Windows XP box or FreeDOS box I need my laptop for creation of a bootable USB key media with the appropriate BIOS flash images and flashing tools. It seems to be a desaster. Every Wiki I visited looking for the subject referes to Gentoo/FreeDOS or highly complicated voodoo sessions installing first some files on floppy drive and the creating a bootable USB key ... blabla. Sorry, but I do not have FreeDOS running nor do I have Linux/Gentoo or Windows XP, I run FreeBSD on all of my machines. But in the age of legacy free computers, were floppy drives seems to be not essential anymore I run into massif problems having a legacy free server from TYAN without the ability taking any BIOS images from an USB key :-( The problem is I picked up some memory issues which have been solved with one of the newer BIOS images so I desperately need an update solution.

Does anyone do have an idea?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Oliver