Hi!

I'm installing a small set of ports into lots of jails, using the DESTDIR support recently added to the ports system. Each jail contains a unique CVS revision of FreeBSD. I'd like to speed up compiles by using ccache, but as I understand it, I'll have to install ccache into each jail since the DESTDIR implementation chroot's into the jail.

Can I install ccache in each jail first and simply hardlink /somejail/root/.ccache to /root/.cache before continuing compiling the other ports? Or is that asking for trouble, since each jail might have a different gcc installed?

Thanks,
Erik