On 25/10/2007 2:41 PM, Pj Malloy wrote:
Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

I have some questions regarding the OEM and Trademark license for Java on
FreeBSD.  I initially sent my email inquiry to  [EMAIL PROTECTED], as stated in
the FreeBSD Foundation Java Download page
   (http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml), but  that [EMAIL
PROTECTED] email address does not appear to be valid --  the email I sent to
that address bounced.

The [EMAIL PROTECTED] email  address is specifically called out in Diablo
FreeBSD OEM Java license that is  listed here:

http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/cgi-bin/download?download=oem/diablo-jdk-freebsd5.i386.1.5.0.07.01.tbz

That license text states we (a) must obtain a Trademark License from Sun, and
depending on the exact field of use, we (b) might need to get a commercial
license from Sun.  That license text directs me to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to get
more information for both (a) and (b). That email address doesn't work, so now
I'm wondering what to do next...  I called Sun Sales, but they did not know
what I was talking about...

I too would love to know the answer to this -- the way Sun carry on, anyone would think they don't want people using their language... I am sure Microsoft don't make you jump through hoops if you want to write and distribute applications written in .NET and want to distribute the run-time along with it -- so why must Sun make it so hard for people to do that with Java?

--Antony