Hi everyone,

I have this pet project, playing with the Lustre Cluster FS. Is there anything
similar to this that would run with FreeBSD as the host? ( Clients supported
would HAVE to be linux,freebsd, Win32, OSX, ideally over standard protocols
with no need for special driver).

I seem to remember that ggate,  in the GEOM stack, allows for storage over
different nodes, but reading about ggate i am not sure it provides what I'm
after :

 - storage over a number of nodes (few or large number).
 - abstract view of the storage from the client's point of view ( 1 TB storage,
doesnt matter how this is setup).
 - dynamic sizing : add servers, storage grows.
 - resilience to node loss.

thanks!!
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal,
well-meaning but without understanding."
   Justice Louis D. Brandeis

Warned.