Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
P.U.Kruppa wrote:
On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, E. J. Cerejo wrote:

Not anymore!  Every time I cvsup my ports tree and I see all of those
ports that need to be updated my belly aches and that's because
portupgrade doesn't work the way it used to work.  It is not fun any
more!  Always an issue, either a port conflicts with another port or
it fails all together.  I have forgotten the last time I updated my
ports without any issues.  Today scrollkeeper is conflicting with
rarian, they install files on the same directory.
Did you have a look at /usr/ports/UPDATING ?
(I guess you have got a problem with the latest gnome.)

From my experience I think anyone upgrading on 8-CURRENT (and from
reports perhaps 7-????) will have the same issue

I had this issue yesterday when upgrading Gnome on 6.2-RELEASE-p7. It's not just 7-FOO and 8-CURRENT that're affected.

The solution that worked for me was this:

1. Force uninstall scrollkeeper.
2. Manually install rarian.
3. "pkgdb -F" to fix the stale links to scrollkeeper.
4. Restart the portupgrade process.

HtH,
Adam J Richardson