At 00:38 01/11/2007, you wrote:
Ouch! ...you are not trying to sell anything are you? It may be in
your best interest if you proceed to the hackers list, to initiate
conversation in a way that explains how your code will benefit a
cause, not slam other people (and their work) that are already
established!

Steve

No, i don't want to sell anything to anyone. I'm already on hackers list but has very low traffic (9 messages last 5 days) and this is a question list no ? ;-) I think that in this list are FreeBSD *gurus*/hacks too which could say a "try it" or a "are you crazy?" answer. If other developers thinks that they need my rfc i'll add my code to FreeBSD.

The point to zlib / libbzip2 is because when i talk about compression *always* someone says " Why don't use zlib?" Short answer No, Medium Answer: deflate is 15 years old and there are better and faster algs now.