On Nov 12, 2007, at 7:38 AM, Brian McCann wrote:
Hi all.  I'm sure some of you have seen this, and I'm looking for some
advice.  I've got 2 servers now that will completely lockup (one is
6.1-p4, the other 6.2-p7), and just display this on the console:

swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: bufobj: 0, blkno: 33, size: 4096

It repeats and continues to be frozen until I reboot the machine.

It means that the swap system was unable to retrieve info from the disk in a reasonable period of time, and generally is a strong sign that the disk drive is in the final stages of failing. Running smartmonutils or a manufacturer's test utility is recommended....

--
-Chuck