On Nov 13, 2007 11:48 AM, Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>    I've got a box i'd like to build packages from ports on, and deploy
> those packages to other machines. I'll use postfix as an example. I did make
> package from postfix's directory and selected pcre and mysql support. I got
> the postfix tarball package, but when i tried to install it on another box
> it needed pcre and mysql-client packages. I had to run make package in each
> of their directories. I was wondering if there was a recursive way of
> package making?
> Thanks.
> Dave.

Have a look at pkg_create(1)

I will generally use the following command to create a bunch of
packages of installed ports.

pkg_info | awk '{ print "pkg_create -yb", $1 }' | sh
or
pkg_info | cut -d' ' -f1 | xargs -n pkg_create -yb

(I'm certain someone will point out a better way of doing this)

I will place these packages in a NFS/SMB shared directory or NULL
mount it for jails to install packages on other systems/jails.