Jonathan Horne wrote:
On Wednesday 14 November 2007 03:39:47 pm Jonathan Horne wrote:
my jails server (6.2-p8) just ran portupgrade fine, and cups was one of its
items it updated:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# pkg_info | grep cups-
cups-base-1.3.3_2   Common UNIX Printing System

but my 7.0-b2 desktop, refuses to build the same package:

===>  cups-base-1.3.3_2 has known vulnerabilities:
=> cups -- off-by-one buffer overflow.
   Reference:
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/8dd9722c-8e97-11dc-b8f6-001c2514716
c.html> => Please update your ports tree and try again.
*** Error code 1

what would be the differences between the 2 systems that one would build
it, and the other reject the same port?  ive not tweaked any port security
settings on either one, so this is some curious behavior to me.

thanks,

another interesting thing, when you read the portaudit page for this, it says:

Affects:
cups-base <1.3.3_1

but yet 1.3.3_2 still is rejected.

One or the other has either a stale portaudit database or ports tree.

Kris