Steve Franks wrote:
On Nov 20, 2007 8:15 AM, Doug Poland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Steve Franks wrote:
Save me!  The wife can't print, so I've been spooled to the couch!

Originally installed OO around 2.0.  Wouldn't print.  Finally found
some esoteric blog somewhere that said link /usr/local/bin/lpd to
/usr/local/sbin/lpd - voila! prints.

When I upgraded X to 7.3, OO got upgraded to 2.3, and it stopped
printing again.  Now the magical ln lpd command won't fix it either.

FYI, cups-base is 1.1.3

I believe you need to specify the WITH_CUPS tunable when you build OO

> Does everyone just know that, or does no one use cups on freebsd?

I use both CUPS and OO on FreeBSD, that's how I know :) I probably stumbled across this googling and searching the email archives.

--
Regards,
Doug