the mDNSResponder port is up to date (moreso than even the apple download site)
so i installed that with the port.

it requires swig13 port as well.. which installed from the port just fine.

after you get all that installed and working w/o errors, there is a bonjour
python script set that will at least test the functionality and get it
registered for services.  I am still in the 'finding out' stages for this.  I
will post my findings that might help someone else on their journey..