Olivier Nicole wrote:
Again, I'm not trying to convince you otherwise or say that using
BIND is a bad idea.  It's just that I'm curious because we use
Squid for this sort of thing, and I was wondering why BIND instead?

I think another issue is that Squid will only filter HTTP/FTP
connections, while DNS would allow to filter any type of traffic that
would try to go to places with a bad name.

Olivier

In the absence of egress filtering on the firewall, that
would definitely be an advantage.  Does anyone use BIND
for filtering in a small to medium business environment
then?  How does it perform?

Kevin Kinsey
--
I trust the first lion he meets will do his duty.
                -- J. P. Morgan on Teddy Roosevelt's safari