On Jan 9, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
We've got a Wii in the house, and I've got an entry for it in my dhcpd.conf

host wii { hardware ethernet 00:19:1d:dd:66:d3; fixed-address wii.ewd.goldmark.org; }

which correctly resolves to 10.1.10.145

And everything works fine. However, the Wii keeps on making requests every few minutes. Here is a bit of the dhcpd logs. The requests come at irregular 1, 2, 5, and 9 minute intervals in this bit of the log.

Do you have an entry like:

  default-lease-time 100000;

...in your dhcpd.conf? That might help convince the Wii to keep hold of its lease for a longer period of time without continuously renewing it every few minutes. Otherwise, talk to Sega or whoever about their DHCP client...

--
-Chuck