"Brian A. Seklecki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> This is 6.3/amd64 release as a guest inside a vmware server (free) host:
>
>  ===> gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ar (install)
>  install -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   ar /opt/relchroot/usr/bin
>  *** Signal 13
>
> Make.conf has some sparing NO_ knobs set and:
>
>   COPTS=-pipe
>   CFLAG=-pipe

"CFLAGS" rather than "CFLAG"?  "COPTFLAGS" rather than "COPTS"?

13 is SIGPIPE, so one of those is probably related.
If you are setting CPUTYPE, don't set those, as you're overriding
default settings...

When you say "consistently" do you mean consistently in the same place?
If not, that would be very different than I'm interpreting the situation.